Everyone I know wants to be as healthy as possible.
Whether I’m talking with a client or a friend, I find an increase in awareness about health and wellness. People are taking charge of their emotional wellness, not only their physical health.
And with this broader awareness, there’s a growing body of services people turn to for support.
This includes practices such as Ayurvedic Counseling, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Homeopathy, Acupuncture, Emotional Yoga, Shamanic Counseling, Craniosacral Work, Massage Therapy, and Reiki.
This industry is big, valued at $82 billion per year in the U.S, and expected to quadruple.
Can you see something that all of these alternative health practices have in common?
All these practices describe health in terms of energy. They improve your health by using different techniques for balancing and increasing the flow of healthy energy.
Chiropractic, Craniosacral, and Massage Therapy focus on the way energy flows through your nervous system and physical structure.
Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine focus on how energy is functioning in your organ systems. They seek to balance the different types of energies.
Homeopathy and Reiki focus on receiving subtle healing energy.
Each of these practices has an Energetic model of the world.
The work of an Energy Coach is similar. We help our clients to connect with their Energy System so that it can become a resource for healthy power, emotional expression, and self-healing.
In this way, Energy Coaching is a type of healing work. Many of the same people who are interested in alternative forms of healing will sign up for Energy Coaching.
Here’s how Energy Coaching is different.
Energy Coaches do not treat physical symptoms or conditions. We don’t practice medicine. However, we help our clients become their own energy healer using strategies that empower each person emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
Energy Coaching is distinct in this way as well: in most Complementary Healing Practices, the practitioner is doing hands-on healing to the client. The practitioner is giving, and the client is receiving.
In contrast, the Energy Coach empowers their clients to develop their own intuitive wisdom and relationship with spiritual healing energy.
It’s the client, not the coach, that gives and receives energy. As energy coaches we are guides and teachers helping our clients connect to their deepest truth and healing abilities.
This is really great. It means that as an Energy Coach you do not have to use your own spiritual or subtle energy to create healing. You are guiding and supporting the client to use their own.
It makes Energy Coaching much easier to practice, and it doesn’t tap your own energy sources. Energy coaches learn to take care of their subtle, physical and spiritual wellness so they can guide and assist their clients without any depletion.
Let’s look at some of the unique advantages of being an Energy Coach:
1. Enjoy having a worldwide business. Energy Coaches do not have to be in the same room as their client. This frees you up to work with clients from all over the world, not just where you live.
2. Flexible schedule. Working virtually enables you to travel, work from home, or make time for other projects. You can work in your favorite location, whether it’s your home office or your garden. You can build up your coaching practice while keeping a day job.
3. No physical drain. Many kinds of work or healing modalities require physical effort. This can cause fatigue. Energy Coaching is a way to improve your client’s healing process without having to work hands-on.
4. Package payments. Energy Coaches often offer 12-week packages. Clients commit to paying multiple sessions in advance. This is very reassuring. And clients get the best results this way.
5. Collaboration in community. Energy Coaching enhances a client’s ability to tap into their own healing. It also helps them to make the lifestyle and relationship changes that will help them. Many of our clients are also working with another health practitioner. We welcome other practitioners as part of our client’s healing community. Energy Coaching supports the client, and their empowered relationship with spiritual and subtle energy helps everybody involved.
6. Enthusiastic clients. Clients who go to Alternative Health, who practice yoga, meditation or martial arts are often aware of subtle Energy. They often want to explore the energetic aspect of these practices, and they are relieved to meet an Energy Coach. They are ready to explore what their own Energy can do for them!
This is Part Three of a series on Energy and Energy Coaching. In case you’ve missed them, here’s Part One and Part Two.
Sending you love and joy,